Saturday, October 5, 2013

Partners in Crime: Kikik and Aswang


       Did you ever encounter an event wherein late at night you heard an unusual sound. This sound is kikikikiki that keeps on repeating. If you think that it is a sound that you can just ignore, think again. That sound might come from The Kikik. It serves as a warning that an Aswang is nearby.

       Before you would squeeze your brain thinking if that an aswang had already visited you, stop first. For your convenience, let’s go to the getting-to-know-you part about these creatures.
 KIKIK

        The Kikik is a bird-like creature. The only difference between a bird and this one is their appearance. I should say that any bird would look cute compared to the Kikik. Let’s just say that the appearance of the Kikik is not so viewer friendly but it’s white in color. Its color is quite ironic for its impure work. The Kikik’s job, which is the familiar of the Aswang, is to patrol the night finding for delicious preys. A kikik is near in the vicinity if its sound is soft while it is far if the sound is loud.

Aswang

     The Aswang is the most feared among the mythical creatures in the Philippines. The aswang is a shape-shifter. It has no certain appearance but according to old people, it is usually sighted in the form of a dog, a boar, or a bat then it changes to it's hideous apperance. If you could already hear the kikik’s voice, then be wary of the area. Beware of suspicious creatures that might be lurking around.  During the day, the aswang could just blend in as a very quiet and shy villager and mind you the aswang is a very good actor.

     Its favourite food is fetuses, and the heart and liver of small children. Pertaining to their daytime appearance, the aswang could be very deceiving. The usual aswang is handsome or beautiful in their outer appearance. And also, the aswang could just blend in as a very quiet and shy villager and mind you the aswang is a very good actor. In short, the aswang is silent but deadly.

      I once had an experience wherein I actually heard a kikikikikikik sound. It was already 10 in the evening and I’m still outside. I was actually playing BINGO at that time with my aunts and cousins. We played near the big tree where the Lantay or long chair is. When I heard that sound I noticed that my other aunt said to the pregnant wife of my uncle to go home already.

      I asked my aunt why she made her go home. My aunt said that there was a kikik nearby since the sound is already very faint. That time she explained the whole situation to me. After she explained it to me, she accompanied me home and also said that kids must also be inside their homes at that time.

     That was the very first and last time I encountered that event until today. If ever I could encounter that again with my age today, then It would become clearer to me. It would become clearer to me that the Aswang and Kikik are actually real. I would love to hear your own experiences if you ever experienced a certain encounter with these celebrities.



3 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard what a wak wak sounds like? I'm pretty curious about stuff like this and would like to have an encounter of my own but it's never happened

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard it here in Sydney with my pregnant wife around 5am, it lasted for 15 minutes. Its our first time to hear that kikik, so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard it 10 mins. now. My mom was stroked yesterday morning and I'm a bit worried and putted a lot of salt and garlic on windows where my mo is nearby sleeping huhu

    ReplyDelete